Ways to Reduce Dust Mite Allergies
Did you know that dust mites are related to the spider? That is probably the last thing that you want to know when dealing with the allergies that come from these creatures. Dust mites take residence in warm, humid environments, and enjoy living in upholstered furniture, bedding and carpet. Luckily, they don’t bite, or live in skin follicles; many people are just allergic to them. Although it’s best to take a natural allergy medication, you can help reduce allergy symptoms in your home if you know where to start.
Dust mites often leave you with allergy symptoms such as stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, and in some cases asthma. Skin cells and dander are a dust mite’s primary food; we shed about 10 grams of dead skin a week, which gives them something to eat. Animals create much more dander than humans, so it might also be best to keep pet beds as far from your bedroom as possible. There are other ways to prevent dust mites from invading your home.
- Make sure your air filter is clean; otherwise the circulation of air in your home won’t be purified as efficiently, leaving your air circulating with dust.
- Warm, humid environments help dust mites thrive, so keep the temperature cooler and use a dehumidifier to get rid of moist air.
- Enclose your mattress tops with plastic covers or dust-mite proof fitted sheets. They can reduce the accumulation of dead skin and can also be waterproof to protect from babies, toddlers, and spills.
- Wash your bed sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least every two weeks, in very hot water to kill dust mites. For those fabrics you can’t wash in hot water, sticking them in the freezer for 24-48 hours can also kill dust mites.
- Reduce the amount of dust in your home by vacuuming frequently, even your pillows! Getting rid of dust leaves nothing for dust mites to chew on!
Although it may be difficult to get rid of every single dust mite, you can help reduce allergy symptoms by taking all natural allergy medication like AllergiStop. This homeopathic remedy can help permanently relieve allergies with all natural ingredients that have helped thousands of people suffering from allergies. Check out AllergiStop today and see how it can help you relieve unwanted allergies.